Monday, March 06, 2006

haunted



my past still remains; my fears have made me lose sleep once again last night and my sense of belonging seems to have been ransacked. Can't blame you now, not as i did before. I gave up trying to figure out your own reasoning and motives... life went on, running smoothly, as I became someone you could have felt proud of, whether you did care or did not.

I understand, nobody ever told you how to deal with your own life, but sometimes I use to think you should've thought about us twice... I grew patient and tolerant. Perhaps acceptance was the key, I even learned how to love you, after all the pain you put us through.

Perhaps, those years may still have an unconscious impact on my daily life decisions; however, when I see you now and when I remember the games you used to play with my brother and me, before giving us up, my pain fades away and I smile. We may not be that different after all. You will always be my hero, dad.